Friday 11 February 2011

Day 2 - Your Least Favourite Song


Anything by Morrissey


But for this case: First of the Gang to Die - Morrissey live at Glastonbury

Ok, I have an unprecedented hatred for this man, controversial I know as I live and DJ in Manchester but let me explain. I have grown to ‘appreciate’ some Smiths songs and I understand everything they have done for pop music and the people they have influenced but Morrissey is an arrogant idiot and despite many friends protesting to me this is NOT a good thing, I repeat NOT a good thing!

He treats his fans with massive disrespect and only cares about himself (walking out on stage in a strop despite thousands paying to see him, tearing up £10 a fan asked him to sign so they could never use it). Also he could have done so much for the gay community if he had come out but instead he has kept to himself (which I do admire as well, and I understand this is a more personal issue and has been different reasons to its outcome of being kept a secret) when he could have changed the views on gay rights to all the football fans chanting his song on the terraces and could have helped begin to put an end to homophobia.

For this reason whenever I hear the man voice my skin crawls a little and so my least favourite songs are anything by him solo as what is there to like! I have picked this particular video and song as it reminds me of when I accidentally walked past the pyramid stage at Glastonbury when he was performing with his name written in massive 25 ft lettering. What a pompous idiot. Case closed.

2 comments:

  1. How I agree with this post ... we share so much musical taste don't we? I couldn't post my least favourite songs as I hate them so much and they are all by Radiohead or Morrisey .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only reason i could post a song for this was simply because of that ridiculous set he had at Glastonbury! Ive no idea on any of his songs.

    ReplyDelete