Friday 11 February 2011

Day 4 - Song that Makes you Sad

Everything you Wanted – Kele

Again this was one of the songs from last year that I listened to most around June time. It was my ‘lets feel good about myself song as I have done nothing wrong and I am a good person’ song. It rung true to me but it makes me sad as it does mean so much when you listen to the lyrics and it takes you back to that time when things were different. It was almost like I listened to it to bring myself down and remind me of something that was past and non-reconcilable.

WOW – who knew talking about songs could be a personal therapy session! However it is an amazing song so I always play it when djing which is a bit strange, feeling sad when you should be on a high. But ignoring the lyrics it’s a fantastic dancing song so worth the play, its just a personal sad song, and I have learnt to appreciate the song now so it doesn’t bring me down anymore. Plus Kele is beautiful especially in his 80's New York style!

No comments:

Post a Comment